Wardrobe by Tan-Interview

Bham Music Blog brings you,the talented LaTandra of Wardrobe by Tan,the talented stylist sits down with BMB and speaks on how she began on her career path,the setbacks and the growth.Also,fills readers in on her inspirations and whats in store for her in the future...Read More Below.





1.How's it going?

Everything's great. I'm too blessed to complain.


2.Tell readers the name of your company?

The name of my company is Wardrobe By Tan.


3.Ok...And tell readers how exactly you got into that line of business?

As a little girl I dreamed of being a designer. I would sketch dress designs all the time. However as life happens, I decided to go to college and earn a degree in CIS with a gaol in mind to obtain a stable career to support my family. A year after graduation I moved to Atlanta and God planted the seed to begin styling wardrobe. I knew it was Destiny because I ended up meeting Akon's stylist and I interned with her for a little bit. I started networking with photographers and models and things took off!



4.Being such a versatile individual what has been the biggest transition you'd say in getting into the business?

Yes, I am versatile in my work. I think the hardest transition is actually the new venture I am about to embark upon, which is designing.


5.So if someone was skeptical about what you could do for them as a stylist enlighten them more?

I would tell them to check out my work at www.wardrobebytan.com



6.Tell the public some of the artist and clients you've worked with and alongside of?

I've worked with and alongside of T-boz, Trina, Travis Porter, and Just Blaze to name a few.





7.Who are some of your fashion inspirations?

Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu to name a few.


8.What has been your most challenging job as of today?

My most challenging job has been working the dancers for the BET Soul Train Awards.

9.How did the cover with T Boz come about?

Through working Akon's stylist.



10.So what do you feel is next for your company Wardrobe by Tan?
The next focus for Wardrobe By Tan will be designing a new clothing line.


11.So what is fashion in your view?
Fashion in my view is art and expression of one's self


12.Anything the public need to be looking out for in early 2012 from you all?

I would say look out for more behind the scenes video footage of what we do.


13.How would someone looking to work with you contact you?

My website is www.wardrobebytan.com Facebook: Wardrobe By Tan Twitter: @WardrobeByTan


14.Any shoutouts...or plugs?

Yes, 1st and foremost I give thanks to the Most High!! I would like to thank my friends and family that have supported me,Bham Music Blog & everyone that I've worked with in the industry.

15.Leave viewers with some words of wisdom if you don't mind?

Don't be afraid to purse your dreams. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

― Confucius

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Female Emcees - II Be Watching in 2017- #Alabama Edition

10 Female M.C's II Watch for from Alabama